Providing exceptional quality experiences are one of the things that make our college unique.
Through our strong relationships with employers and universities, our students have access to experiences that help them make informed choices about their future.
The experiences help them to develop skills and knowledge to stand out in the competitive marketplace when they’re seeking employment, education or training. Each of our academic pathways has an active partner employer who works closely with us and provides some of the activities listed below.
OUR STUDENTS GET ACCESS TO:
- University visits
- Volunteering opportunities
- Work experiences
- Opportunities to meet and work with employers (talks, careers fairs, mock interviews and workshops)
- 121 meetings with our progression team at key points in their academic journey
- 121 careers advice meetings
- Paid work linked to some courses
- A wide enrichment offer including Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, Extended Project Qualification, core maths, Law Society, Medical Society (supporting medical entry requirements), sports, creative arts and fun things such as Lego and gaming
College life is centred around building a sense of belonging. Almost every week of the year you’ll find us thinking about a big idea, coming together to learn, to celebrate our diversity or to try to make a difference to the work around us.