THE GREEN IDEA COMPETITION
Connell Co-op College has today launched The Green Idea Competition for schools across Manchester as part of the 2022 Our Year campaign.
Primary and secondary school students from across Manchester (key stages 1-5) are encouraged to:
- Put forward a ‘green idea’ to your school.
- Get your school to act upon your ‘green idea’.
- Produce a report (up to two sides of A4) to assess the impact (e.g. over a week) or potential impact (if it can’t be actioned before the submission date). And create an accompanying poster explaining the key features and impact of your project (single-sided and sized A3 to A1).
- Submit your report and poster by Friday 10 June.
- Shortlisted entries will be invited to present their report at the Bee Green Education Summit at Connell Co-op College on Thursday 30 June. Judging will be age appropriate.
- Exciting prizes for the best ideas with the most impact.
The competition is currently open and it closes on Friday 10 June.
HOW TO ENTER
Please include the following information in your email:
- School name.
- The name and email address of a teacher at your school.
Any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEE GREEN EDUCATION SUMMIT
A shortlist of the best entries will be invited to the Bee Green Education Summit at Connell Co-op College on Thursday 30 June to display their posters and present their reports.
We want as many children and young people as possible to take part so that they can help shape a future that’s green, sustainable and healthy. So, please spread the word and share this web page!
2022 OUR YEAR
The 2022 Our Year campaign aims to create a programme of activities, opportunities and experiences for children and young people across Manchester to help them shape theirs and their city’s futures post-Covid. Find out more.
Please enter some content for your news story here.